We’re excited to share that Misfit Vapor will be powered by Android Wear 2.0, the latest wearables operating system available from Google. Originally announced in January, Misfit Vapor is a design-forward touchscreen smartwatch that gives you everything you need to keep going right on your wrist, including built-in music, connected GPS, activity tracking, and an optical heart rate sensor.
Vapor will be powered by Android Wear 2.0 to provide an evolved, world-class software experience to Misfit users. Our partnership means hundreds of your favorite apps will be available at launch, opening up a multitude of possibilities for Android™ and iPhone® users alike.
Misfit Vapor powered by Android Wear 2.0 enables:
A useful, customized watch face
You’ll be able to personalize your watch face with glanceable info from your favorite apps, so that you can check your next appointment, stock performance, fitness goals, and more. You can even customize your watch face with app shortcuts and well as thousands of watch face styles to fit your fashion.
An enhanced fitness experience
You’ll, of course, be able to see your calories burned, pace, distance, and heart rate for your runs, walks, and bike rides, and all of your stats and info will be compatible with Google Fit.
On-board music functionality
Leave your phone at home and listen to hundreds of songs on the go.
Hundreds of apps at launch
Whether you use an Android phone or iPhone, you’ll be able to use apps like Foursquare, Google Fit, Google Maps™,, Google Play™ Music, Lifesum, Google Messenger, Runkeeper, Runtastic, Strava, Uber, and many more.
Google Assistant built-in
Android Wear 2.0 brings the Google Assistant to your wrist. Just a press of a button and say “Ok Google”. Get things done and find answers even when your hands are full. You can ask about the weather, navigate to a destination, remind yourself to call mom when you get home, or turn off the lights
Misfit Vapor hardware includes:
- A stunning 1.39” full round AMOLED display, accentuating a vibrant color palette in 326 pixels per inch
- An accelerometer, altimeter, gyroscope, optical heart rate sensor, connected GPS, and microphone to deliver world-class fitness tracking and smartwatch applications straight to the wrist
- A touch bezel allows users to seamlessly browse Vapor’s menu of watch faces and applications, and respond to notifications, without obscuring content on the display
- A Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100 processor and 4GB of memory as well as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Water resistance to 50 meters
- A durable 44mm satin-finished stainless steel upper casing in Jet Black or Rose Gold
Priced at $199.99, Misfit Vapor will work with any phone running Android 4.3 or iOS 9 or higher and will ship in late summer.
Android, Android Wear, Google, Google Maps, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.